Chinese Proverb

"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I may remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Chinese Proverb.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

My first cello recital - Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

This was my recital on April 30, 2011, playing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. This was the only piece we worked on all semester.  I started playing Twinkle on March 9, 2011 and this is after 6 lessons, with 7 lessons total. The first lesson was just an introduction to the cello -  naming cello parts, strings, etc. I've never played an instrument before, so everything is taking a little longer to learn.

I thought I was doing fine until I heard a wolf tone (which doesn't happen when I play at home), and I got really nervous so my hands started shaking. It was very obvious during my recital that my hands were shaking because I could hear it in the sound, but I'm not sure if you can hear it in this video. This made me even more nervous and caused me to miss a section in Twinkle!!



After listening to it today, I've noticed a lot of squeeks & squeels, so I decided to re-record it see how a few more weeks of practicing can help. 

UPDATE: Nevermind, I'm not going to do another video... I think I'll just leave it at that!

My teacher Adam doing a demonstration after all us played our pieces: Bach's Cello Suite No. 1 Prelude:




No comments:

Post a Comment