Chinese Proverb

"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I may remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Chinese Proverb.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Practice Log #14: Happy Farmer (after 55 lessons)

It may be awhile before I post another practice video (maybe 2-3 months) since my other evening class starts this Tuesday, and tax season is upon us so I'll be fairly busy at work, and I have some additional dance commitments as well... Why do I keep taking on more projects when I don't have enough time as it is...ugh!

I purchased a mini-microphone for $1.85 for my iphone so the audio sounds a bit better, or maybe I'm playing louder - I hope it's the latter! ;).

Anyway, here's my Happy Farmer video:



Items to work on:
1) I'm rushing through this and not pausing where I should be
2) I was working on articulation, but it sounds a bit harsh to me and the sound is pretty closed
3) My bow is all over the place! I didn't realize I was doing that...
4) I look very tense, and I can see that I am pushing down on the bow a bit instead of pulling the bow across horizontally
5) Flat in a few spots - I need to remember to stretch my pinky further out

2 comments:

  1. This piece sounds great! I just discovered your blog and I love all the detail and the fact that you are posting your playing. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      I've been reading your blog for a while too, and love the fact that after 6 years your still blogging and going strong! I'm trying to learn some jazz and fiddle for the cello too, so it's nice finding another blogger trying different genres.

      And I totally agree, the iPad for sheet music, audio and taking videos - fantastic! I recently inherited my husband's old iPad 2, when he upgraded to the new one! :D

      Delete