Chinese Proverb

"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I may remember. Involve me and I'll understand." - Chinese Proverb.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Practice Log #19: Minuet No. 3, Suzuki Book 2

It was stressing me out about having to to go back and relearn everything so I'm just going to post what I can play now and not worry about getting it back to the way it used to be, so lots of intonation errors and bowing errors. Going forward I'll make sure I'll do better. I'm also getting kind of bored so I need to move on to the next piece. ;)

Minuet No. 3 without a drone



I was really nervous about playing this piece so the sound is a bit shaky! It's my fake "vibrato"! ;) Although my bowing hand can shake a lot worse... can't believe I still get nervous while recording!

I was also very tempted not to do this with drones since I haven't really practiced this, but I need to move on and not worry about these pieces. Too bad though because this is a really pretty piece, maybe after I learn how to do vibrato I can try playing this again.

Things to work on:
  • Obviously intonation... lol! ...ouch... that first note is really off! 
  • Moving around way too much again too.
  • Bow speed - I kept losing the string
  • Tempo - I was watching other YouTube videos and everyone plays it much faster. I've got to get out of my tempo comfort zone! 
  • Rhythm - I wasn't very consistent and was kind of just playing it how I wanted ;)
  • Tone - sounds very harsh to me. It's Bach so it's supposed to be softer, and it looks like I'm pushing down on the bow. I didn't think I was, but I can hear it in the sound as well. 





1 comment:

  1. You're shifting is really quite good, and I can tell you've really polished it in the passages in with the upper 2nd position. Nice :)

    ReplyDelete